Licensing & Permits

There are various permits and licenses residents and business owners are required to obtain from the City of Sun Prairie.  Following is a list of licenses and permits available from the city and links to the pages they are on.

Alcohol Licenses

  • Operator License (Bartender License)
  • Class "A" Beer License
  • "Class A" Liquor and Beer License
  • Class "B" Beer License (Brewpubs fall under this category)
  • "Class B" Liquor and Beer License
  • "Class C" Wine License
  • Temporary Class "B" Beer License (Picnic Beer License)
  • Temporary Class "B" Wine License (Picnic Wine License)

Business Licenses

  • Operator License (Bartender License)
  • Amusement/Vending/Entertainment Machine License
  • Blasting and Rock Crushing Permit
  • Direct Seller's, Peddler's, and Solicitor's License
  • Fireworks Display Permit
  • Flea Market/Secondhand Article Dealer Mall License
  • Mobile Food Vendor/Cart Permit
  • Nightclub License
  • Outdoor Vendor Permit
  • Pawnbroker License
  • Secondhand Jewelry Dealer License
  • Secondhand Article Dealer License
  • Taxicab & Limousine Operator License

Dog Licenses

  • Dog License
  • Dog Park License
  • Kennel License

Chicken Licenses

  • Chicken-Keeping License

Renewal Information

Our staff will be happy to answer questions you may have.  Please give us a call at 608-837-2511, email the City Clerk's Office at, or stop in at the City Clerk's Office on the 1st floor of the City Hall located at 300 E. Main St.  Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.